Friday, March 13, 2009

Black Markers

I'm feeling completely unmotivated.
My goals are becoming ever so fuzzy, my mind becoming blank.
I procrastinate as much as ever - if not more - yet the biggest difference, I find, is I don't feel guilty about it anymore. It feels alright to procrastinate, that it's not a big deal if I waste a couple hours (in exchange for lower grades).

It feels like I've worked so hard all my life, for.. a blank. Why am I working so hard, when it'll amount to nothing anyway?


I'm going to outright say that I am possibly feeling this way from a fairly large amount of negative feedback I got today (pretty much failed a test - I can confidently say it was the worst test I've written in my life thus far - and screwed up pretty badly at work).
My academic and career goals have never been defined before. This odd lack of motivation I'm feeling may be preceding the realization that I only have two more years to go until I am forced to draw over those fuzzy lines, redo them with a solid marker.


And there goes another hour.

0 comments: